Hopsin - Pound Syndrome (2015)

Hopsin, Pound Syndrome, Ill Mind of Hopsin 7, Crown Me, Fly, No Words, Fort Collins, Ramona
Hopsin, Pound Syndrome, Ill Mind of Hopsin 7, Crown Me, Fly, No Words, Fort Collins, Ramona
"Aight so you know that like.. Disease or some shit, down syndrome? Yo.. What if.. What if I named this shit "Pound Syndrome" because my beats go so fuckin' hard? Like they go DUMB, y'know? But I ain't dumbing my shit down, I ain't no Lil Wayne, haha"

Hopsin, Pound Syndrome, Ill Mind of Hopsin 7, Crown Me, Fly, No Words, Fort Collins, Ramona

This album.. This motherfucking album. Wow. This shit is fucking HILARIOUS. I think this might just be his funniest album, even if it's as unintentional as it's ever been. Hopsin truly is a fucking manchild, and that shows on this album more than any other: Surface-level thoughts about atheism, love, depression, etc, that are all accompanied by shitty hooks. This album is also hilarious because there's so many moments of the calm before the storm: The references to loving his girlfriend and remaining loyal to her just months before he finds out that she's a gold digger, the song "FV Forever (feat. SwizZz)" where they rap about how awesome Funk Volume is, only to have Hopsin leave the label a year later, and Hopsin making fun of autotune/trap shit on "No Words".. AND THEN GOING ON TO USE IT IN THE SINGLES TO HIS UPCOMING ALBUM! HOLY FUCK!! This album is one nonstop barrage of dumbass lyrics ("Fly" might be the worst fucking song I've ever heard), but funnily enough, my favorite Hopsin songs are on this album, with my all-time favorite, "Crown Me", being legitimately pretty fucking great. I can't lie: I like this album because Hopsin is a great rapper flow-wise and the beats are alright, but this album is just fucking fun to listen to, if anything, to make fun of with friends. Fucking crazy.


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD