Devin Townsend Project - Europe 2011 (2011)

Devin Townsend Project, Europe 2011, Free Live EP, Supercrush, Kingdom, Truth, Om, By Your Command
Europe is that state that holds Jake Paul's favorite city, England, right? Oh man I bet he was excited to learn that this came out!!

Devin Townsend Project, Europe 2011, Free Live EP, Supercrush, Kingdom, Truth, Om, By Your Command

When this came out in 2011, I was pretty hyped: I had just recently become a Devin Townsend fan following someone unintentionally ruining Mike Patton's music for me (don't worry, that only lasted a year) and needed someone new to leech onto and obsess over. They released this EP as a thing you could only get if you tweeted or shared it to Facebook, and yeah, I could've just set it to the "Only Me" setting so I didn't have to expose all of my Facebook friends to it, but I was a fucking dumbass who used a cropped version of the album cover of "Infinity" as my profile picture, and posted it along with some shit like "Everybody check this out, this is some seriously great stuff" and absolutely no one did, but hey, I did my part, give me the free tunes, y'know? And what nice free tunes they are! Here's the crew doing only ONE Devin Townsend Project song live ("Supercrush!" with Devin Townsend doing all of Anneke van Giersbergen's vocals, since she apparently wasn't there, making for a nice rendition of the tune) and four solo Hevy Devy songs, and lemme tell you something.. "Truth" sounds pretty heavenly in a live setting. Devin Townsend constantly cracks jokes, one-liners, and all that good jazz to give off the impression that he's the cool, funny uncle that your parents didn't want you hanging around much as a kid because they were afraid of what words you'd learn, and he's just fucking great as usual. The only problem I have with this release is that since it's live, it misses some of Devin Townsend's typical "oomph" that comes with his production, and sure, if I were actually there, I'm sure it'd sound MASSIVE just like the original recordings, but ripped into live MP3s, there's naturally a bit of impact that's just lost. Still, regardless of that, this is pretty good, give it a spin or two.

7/10

________________________________________________________
For an interesting change of pace, you can download it for free from this link, provided that you share it to Facebook or tweet about it first. Come on, whore yourself out for Devy.

READ THESE AND GET MAD