Green Day - Last Night on Earth: Live in Tokyo (2009)

Green Day, Last Night on Earth, Live in Tokyo, Know Your Enemy, Basket Case, Geek Stink Breath, 21 Guns, live album
Did they really just use the posterize effect in Photoshop for the album cover? I'm not complaining, but when you hang around in online programs as much I did back in the day, you begin to recognize presets from a mile away, which, coincidentally, is the reason why I can just barely listen to old Tyler, the Creator songs.

Green Day, Last Night on Earth, Live in Tokyo, Know Your Enemy, Basket Case, Geek Stink Breath, 21 Guns, live album

Green Day sure knows how to play them songs, don't they? Well, they know how to play them songs EXCEPT for "Last Night on Earth" because it doesn't even fucking appear on this live album! Look, I get it: It's a cool name, it reminds you of Marilyn Manson's 1999 live album "The Last Tour on Earth" but you GOTTA include it on the fuckin' album if you name the Goddamn thing after it! I mean, you're gonna include some Green Day classics at the end ("Basket Case" and "Geek Stink Breath") but not "Last Night on Earth"? Name the fuckin' thing "Twenty One McMotherfucking Guns (Holy Shitdicks, That's a Lot of Guns!!) (feat. Tyler Joseph)" if you want, but damn! Regardless of that shit taking control of me for a minute of there, this is good. Billie Joe keeps screaming out "HEYYYOOO!!" and I think that's really exciting because my mom beats me with a wooden spoon if I scream, but at the same time, I can't really think of a reason why you'd choose to listen to this over the superior studio versions, other than to help jog nostalgia for when the mainstream public last really gave a shit about Green Day. Those were crazy days!

7/10

________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!


Click here to listen to this FOR FREE on Spotify! WOW! HOT DAMN!

Read about this album on Wikipedia! Great stuff to read while on the toilet! Yeah!

READ THESE AND GET MAD