Hopsin - Knock Madness (2013)

Hopsin, Knock Madness, Ill Mind Six, Hop is Back, Rip Your Heart Out, Who's There, Hip-Hop Sinister, Gimmie That Money
I.. Can't.

Hopsin, Knock Madness, Ill Mind Six, Hop is Back, Rip Your Heart Out, Who's There, Hip-Hop Sinister, Gimmie That Money

I just fucking can't. There's so much stupid fucking shit that's said on this album, I can't even begin to scratch the surface of it. So many songs about girls from high school, pseudo-intellectual thoughts, and Godawful hooks.. But it's so entertaining in that regard that I just can't look away. Hopsin is a great rapper flow-wise, and I feel like he bumped his production up heavily on this album ("Nollie Tre Flip" has a fuckin' great beat behind it, shame that it's wasted on a song about skateboarding) but it's still missing that "oomph" needed to make them as good as his rapping. That being said.. This album is way too fucking long. I have a fun time listening to this album due to the good rapping, catchy songs, horrible lyrics, etc, but listening to it in full sure is a fucking endurance test. God.. This album is fucking HILARIOUS to listen to while inebriated, if anything, to scream at the computer "WHAT THE FUCK" when the "Get Lucky" copycat "Gimmie That Money" kicks in. I don't know what more I could say about this album that hasn't been said a million times before, but holy shit, this is enjoyable for so many unintended reasons. This is hip-hop for people who think that hip-hop is generally a stupid genre.


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD