Green Day - Bullet in a Bible (2005)

Green Day, Bullet in a Bible, American Idiot, Jesus of Suburbia, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Longview, live album
Back in 2004/2005 when Green Day was on top of the fuckin' world, the album cover and name of this live album in general was beyond badass to an impressionable young fan. I feel like this is a live album that many people who aren't interested in live albums will instantly mentally gravitate towards if you ask them to name a live album, not necessarily because of how good it was, but because of the impact that Green Day had in the mainstream at that time. When you looked at the album cover of this, maybe it was youthful ignorance, but a lot of us truly thought Billie Joe Armstrong was the most badass rockstar alive. Hell, I'm sure a lot of us actually thought "man, HE should be president!!" despite not really paying attention to politics past what he told us. What a time to be alive.

Green Day, Bullet in a Bible, American Idiot, Jesus of Suburbia, Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Longview, live album

I'm sure I would've given a fuckin' testicle (after all, what are they even used for? Holding PEE??) to go see this particular concert when it happened. As a preteen at the time, there was nothing you could say to me about Green Day: I was punk as fuck and fuck you. I'm sure if Paramore, Less Than Jake, Fall Out Boy, Green Day and My Chemical Romance put on a concert in Siberia and my parents couldn't find a way for me to go, I would've killed myself. Well, as an adult, I don't place that much importance on live gigs (unless it's The Dillinger Escape Plan, motherfucker) and I can see this for more of what it is than what I hyped it up in my young mind: A concert full of the first six songs on "American Idiot" and then assorted hits that I'd love to experience live in concert, but to my disappointment, the only deep cut is "King For a Day"! What the fuck?! I understand that the tracklisting on the CD was cut down from 20 to 14 tracks, which includes them leaving out the epic "Homecoming" for some stupidass reason, but still, man, you gotta throw in a FEW deep cuts for the fans who have been hanging around for the long haul, dude!! No amount of screaming "ENGLAND!!" will make us forget about that!! You ever hear people screaming in a live recording, having the best time of their lives, and then wonder if they've died since that concert? Fuck, man. Anyhow, this is a good concert but I can't see any reason for it to serve as a replacement for the studio tracks, given that they don't really do anything different other than Billie Joe Armstrong hyping up the crowd, which sucks because you'd at least expect them to do that punk rock thing of playing their songs faster live, but hey!! ENGLAND!! EEEENNNGGGLLAAAANNNDDD!!

7/10
________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!


Click here to listen to this FOR FREE on Spotify! WOW! HOT DAMN!

Read about this album on Wikipedia! Great stuff to read while on the toilet! Yeah!

READ THESE AND GET MAD