Emmure - Look at Yourself (2017)

Emmure, Look at Yourself, Torch, Russian Hotel Aftermath, Flag of the Beast, Smokey, Frankie Palmeri, Josh Travis
I really, really prefer not to look at myself. One time, I went into the bathroom, and as I passed by the mirror, I swear I saw my dad. No, this isn't some "Yesterday" by Atmosphere type shit, he's still alive, I mean I look like my dad.. And man, that should be one of those obvious things, but it really took me back a bit. Crazy how one day my parents will die, but they'll live on in my facial features.. Yeah? Fuck I'm sad.

Emmure, Look at Yourself, Torch, Russian Hotel Aftermath, Flag of the Beast, Smokey, Frankie Palmeri, Josh Travis

"YOU THINK I GIVE A FUCK?... BECAUSE I DON'T." Frankie Palmeri growls in "Shinjuku Masterlord" and if there's a single lyric that sums up Emmure's lyrical, it sure is that one. Anyhow, you might be asking yourself "WHAT'S DIFFERENT THIS TIME AROUND, YOU FAT FUCK?" but I've been trying to lose weight, and Frankie Palmeri kicked EVERYONE OUT OF THE FUCKING BAND to replace them with the instrumental side of Glass Cloud (a band that is likely to never reform now that they have Emmure ca$h), which most notably includes guitarist Josh Travis, who you might recognize from his work in the Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza. On this album, despite the really refreshing new blood in the band, Emmure doesn't break any new ground, you won't really hear any mathcore shit or anything, but damn, it's fun. There's plenty of riffs that'll make you go "JUMP DA FUCK UP!!" and take a shit on your stepdad's computer desk before dive-bombing your dachshund into the couch, and it sounds GREAT, but it runs into the same problem as every Emmure album before it in the way that it's a fucking Emmure album. I'll say this, though.. To reiterate again, it's FUN, it really is, I'd pay a good amount of cash to experience this album live, but even past the fun, bouncy riffs, now I feel like Emmure is really a band to look out for. If they incorporate more mathcore elements (read: letting Josh Travis have more of his signature touch in the music) for the new album, I might.. Well.. I might.. I might just EJACULATE SEMEN OUT OF MY PENIS, if you know what I mean!!

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD