Death Grips - Steroids (Crouching Tiger Hidden Gabber Megamix) (2017)

Death Grips, Steroids, My Whole Fucking Life, Enigmatic, Bald Head Girl, Black Body, Gabber, EP
I thought the album cover was of a cockroach at first. THAT was spooky.

Death Grips, Steroids, My Whole Fucking Life, Enigmatic, Bald Head Girl, Black Body, Gabber, EP

I sure do like the Meth Lips, oh boy! I think they're great with how they do that whole "we're scary machines that like to FUCK" music pretty well. Better than I can, anyway, but one thing I really liked about them is that they changed their shit up a decent amount. You know, poppier tunes, heavier tunes, even MEME-ier tunes, wow, they have it all! But on this release (it's really an EP that's all stuck together like a singular song, but you can find split-up versions of it elsewhere on this weird cesspool we call the internet) just doesn't really give me the impression that they're really trying to make this release its own unique thing in their discography, it feels too by-the-numbers which is a shame for this band. It's not bad at all, and it has its moments, but it's kinda lackluster and musically consists of the exact same shit that you'd expect from this band, just (arguably) a lot faster at times. What happened to the good old days when you'd buy a Death Grips album for a nickel and you'd be singing those tunes 'til the cows came home?!


6/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD