New Found Glory - From the Screen to Your Stereo (2000)

New Found Glory, From the Screen to Your Stereo, 2000, covers, Never Ending Story, Goonies, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, My Heart Will Go On
FROM THE [FIRST PART OF FUNNY JOKE] TO THE [PUNCHLINE] HA HAAAA!Q!!!QEWW!!!!!
New Found Glory, From the Screen to Your Stereo, Jordan Pundik, Steve Klein, Chad Gilbert, Ian Grushka, Cyrus Bolooki, covers

At first I was pretty lukewarm on the songs because I'd rather hear more original New Found Glory material than covers, because I was left feeling like "Wh-where's muh insecurity" because on occasion, I like to feel like the emotionally fragile and hurt 15 year old that I certainly was, just for nostalgia, especially to contrast being the emotionally fragile and hurt adult that I am! Anyway, these tunes all appeared on movie soundtracks, and you've got songs like "Never Ending Story (Theme Song)", "The Goonies "R" Good Enough", and even "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic, but truth is, outside of seeing Titanic a million times growing up because of my sisters, I didn't really grow up with any of these songs and barely knew them, aside from the cover of "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith, which, as indicated by information gathered by scientists, is a fucking shitty song no matter who's playing it. Seriously, fuck that song. The New Found Glory cover of it is like trying to put lipstick on a pig.


Anyhow, turns out that I like these songs and shit. There's only 7 on here, and while I obviously don't give a shit about "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" because I'm not a 50+ year old man (and hopefully never will be), I generally dig all of these songs as much as anyone really can enjoy a short covers EP of cheesy movie themes. I'm not gonna fuckin' mosh to any of these songs, but who is? Probably some pop-punk kids on Whippets, because I think that just might get past the whole "no druggy, no druggy" rule of being straight-edge. Speaking of which, why can't we have more straight-edge punk bands like Minor Threat, NOFX and Gorilla Biscuits?

YES I KNOW NOFX IS DRUGGED OUT AS FUCK THAT IS THE JOKE FUCK YOU

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD