Jay-Z & R. Kelly - The Best of Both Worlds (2002)

R. Kelly, Jay-Z, The Best of Both Worlds, Honey, Take You Home With Me AKA Body, The Streets, Green Light, Shake Ya Body
Back in the day, during class, the teacher started talking about a hermaphrodite and I started singing "The Best of Both Worlds" by Miley Cyrus. I rarely even fucking talked during that class and everyone was really surprised. I nearly lost my fucking ass, but then the girl that said that "Aspergers is the deadliest form of autism" started laughing. Yeah, fuckin' got it.

R. Kelly, Jay-Z, The Best of Both Worlds, Honey, Take You Home With Me AKA Body, The Streets, Green Light, Shake Ya Body

A collaborative album between a hip-hop legend and an R&B staple.. And I don't get why there's so much hate for this album. I really don't. The production isn't great, but it's okay, and there are a few good songs on here: I really like "Take You Home With Me A.K.A. Body" and "The Streets", the latter of which should even be called one of Jay-Z's classic tracks, but none of the tracks on here really have me going "ah, fuck this" even if the solo R. Kelly track "Naked" is pretty fucking awkward. Both of them are in good form on this album, but it's just.. Not too fucking great. This is one of those albums where I just can't understand the hate, but I don't really like OR dislike it, either. I know shit between Jay-Z and R. Kelly got pretty bad after this: The motherfuckers ended up suing each other for some shit, but dammit, the album is NOT FUCKING BAD. The only thing this album is really guilty of is the fact that it's pretty average, which wasn't at all what people expected from this pairing, and the fact that this seemingly came out not long after Jay-Z released "The Blueprint", a certified classic. So I guess you could say that the only thing the album is guilty of is just the fact that it exists, and when it comes to my own existence, I know that feeling. Hopefully I, too, much like copies of this album in the hands of hip-hop-heads circa 2002, will be destroyed and quickly forgotten.


Wow, I am not doing that great lately.

6/10
__________________ 
Feel free to check out the song previews, read other reviews, and maybe even buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

Click here to listen to this FOR FREE on Spotify! WOW! HOT

Read about this album on Wikipedia! Great stuff to read while on the toilet! Yeah!

READ THESE AND GET MAD