The Beatles - With The Beatles (1963)

The Beatles, With the Beatles, John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, It Won't Be Long, Don't Bother Me
The Beatles, With the Beatles, John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, It Won't Be Long, Don't Bother Me
The album cover is pretty iconic for such an unmemorable album.

The Beatles, With the Beatles, John Lennon, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, It Won't Be Long, Don't Bother Me

Man, I've been in a bad state of mind recently and George Harrison's tune "Don't Bother Me" fucked with me! Hell, a lot of these fucked with me! I've just been here sitting, thinking on occasion "I wonder if they still think about me" but the truth is that NOBODY fucking thinks about me, and that's oddly comforting for me, but back on the topic of this album, the songs that fucked with me? They're not even good songs! They're just standard early 1960s rock and roll tunes that all blend in to each other. Sure, "All I've Got to Do" and "Hold Me Tight" are worth keeping, but the rest of this? Eh, it's hard to even recognize it as music past a certain point because it just blends into the background of whatever you're doing, leaving you with not really a negative OR a positive opinion on it. I guess you could call it their ambient album in that regard, but I just call it another one of their "LET'S JITTERBUG, JUDY!" albums that don't really hold much weight to modern listeners other than to think "man, these guys made "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"? That's fucking crazy."

5/10

__________________
Feel free to check out the song previews, read other reviews, and maybe even buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

Click here to listen to this FOR FREE on Spotify! WOW! HOT DAMN!

Read about this album on Wikipedia! Great stuff to read while on the toilet! Yeah!

READ THESE AND GET MAD