$UICIDEBOY$ - I No Longer Fear the Razor Guarding My Heel (III) (2016)

$UICIDEBOY$, I No Longer Fear the Razor Guarding My Heel (III), If You Were to Get What You Deserve, You Would Know What the Bottom of a Tire Tastes Like, Soul Doubt, All That Glitters Is Not Gold But It's Still Damn Beautiful, $crim, Ruby da Cherry, 2016
It's all behind me.

$UICIDEBOY$, I No Longer Fear the Razor Guarding My Heel (III), If You Were to Get What You Deserve, You Would Know What the Bottom of a Tire Tastes Like, Soul Doubt, All That Glitters Is Not Gold But It's Still Damn Beautiful, $crim, Ruby da Cherry, 2016

I had a dream the other night that she was still here, but neither in my dreams or in real life would I ever blame her at all. I think the best thing I could ever possibly do for another human-being is give them their life and freedom back, even if it hurt them, because pain is temporary, but they can make something that'll last forever. Sometimes I feel like my existence in this world is largely just fucking cancerous to the people that choose to have me in their social circles for whatever reason. Sometimes I feel like my purpose in this world is to be the fallback guy that people talk to when they don't have anything else to do, which gives that fallback guy a false sense of security like "yeah, people like me, I'm awesome!" but it's really just a fucking lie, and the most they'll really do when they're not bored is shoot me a text every once in a blue moon asking if I'm alright because they have it in their mind that I'm at my end, and they want to make sure they can feel like "ah, well, I tried all I could, no one can tell me otherwise" afterwards, but rest assured that I'm not going anywhere, but that's part of why we differ so strongly: She can go everywhere in this world that she wants to, she's a limitless person capable of doing anything she sets out to, and I'm happy for her. In my mind, that's all I can be, and it almost surprises me that I can feel something other than a numbing sadness that hangs around my neck like a weight determined to snap it. I am a sinking ship that kicked off its last passenger because I want to go down alone, like I was, and probably deserve to be for quite a while.


"If You Were to Get What You Deserve, You Would Know What the Bottom of a Tire Tastes Like" is a really cool title for a song and I think that this EP is okay. There's a Tame Impala sample in one of the songs, or so I've been told, but I don't really know what Tame Impala is. I know it's a band that Pitchfork likes but nothing past that.

Oh okay, I just Googled it and it's a bunch of dudes who look like they're using some beard-oil to look "manly" (while really just looking like actors in some teen-drama WB series circa 2005) in order to distance themselves from their teenage years of being HXC-kids playing in metalcore bands, now that they've discovered dad's record collection. I guess that's okay.

This EP is okay, the fact that Tame Impala look like the type to buy pre-faded T-shirts is okay, and I'll be okay. I gotta be. Trust that.

6/10
__________________
Feel free to stream this album for FREE or buy it from $UICIDEBOY$' Bandcamp!

READ THESE AND GET MAD