The Roots - The Roots Come Alive (1999)

The Roots, The Roots Come Alive, Black Thought, Questlove, The Next Movement, Mellow My Man, Adrenaline, You Got Me
The Roots! THE ROOTS! [x4428942892]

The Roots, The Roots Come Alive, Black Thought, Questlove, The Next Movement, Mellow My Man, Adrenaline, You Got Me

THE MOTHERFUCKING ROOTS COME ALIVE TO BRING YOU A LIVE ALBUM THAT'S PRETTY GOOD BUT ALSO MAKE YOU THINK "WHAT AM I GETTING HERE THAT I'M NOT GETTING ON THEIR STUDIO ALBUMS ASIDE FROM THE OCCASIONAL LIVE IMPROV"!!! YEAH!!.. Seriously, though, since the regular studio albums sound like a (great) band jamming, what more is there to get here other than the whole novelty of "holy shit, these guys can pull off their songs live!"? Sure, the songs are still great, and there's even a few here that didn't appear on the original studio albums, but just listening to this album makes me wonder which Roots album I'd rather have on than this.


7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD