Ninja Sex Party - Strawberries and Cream (2013)

Ninja Sex Party, album, Strawberries and Cream, Best Friends Forever, Danny Sexbang, Ninja Brian, Unicorn Wizard, FYI I Wanna F Your ANinja Sex Party, album, Strawberries and Cream, Best Friends Forever, Danny Sexbang, Ninja Brian, Unicorn Wizard, FYI I Wanna F Your A
The album cover brings out my awkward early-teenage hormones that I thought were lost so long ago. I got an erection just by looking at the album art and proceeded to stare, eyes open, pants unbuckled, until I finally noticed the girls and felt awkward.

Ninja Sex Party, album, Strawberries and Cream, Best Friends Forever, Danny Sexbang, Ninja Brian, Unicorn Wizard, FYI I Wanna F Your A

Sometimes it hurts to be honest either to or about the people you love, you know? Like in a way that makes you hate yourself. Maybe it's admitting to yourself that your dad's not just old-timey and is actually pretty racist, that your friend who constantly shares political articles is a complete asshole, or even that the second Ninja Sex Party album isn't that good. Yeah, it's one of those days. With a bottle of imported vodka by my side, I begrudgingly write this as I hold back from downing an entire bottle of Xanax from how much I hate myself for what I'm about to say:

Whereas so much of the previous album "NSFW" was hilarious and memorable on their own, many songs on "Strawberries and Cream", despite being reasonably catchy, NEED the music videos to work, or even in the case of "Shredded Metal", can only really succeed past one listen with a music video. That coupled with the fact that the general production has taken a shot in the foot with poor mastering and can sometimes end up sounding relatively thin when it should soar like the majestic sex music it is, instead of sounding like demos from the 1980s.

No matter how much tracks like "Next to You" and "Everybody Shut Up (I Have An Erection)" sound like they could've been on the previous album, and no matter how charming some tracks are, such as the "Holy shit I wonder how long it took to write this" nature of "FYI I Wanna F Your A", a good deal of the tracks come across as relatively rushed, as if to push out tracks that they deemed unworthy of being on their debut studio album for whatever reason.

I don't know what I'm more afraid of: Danny Sexbang reading this and not having sex with me, or Ninja Brian reading this and killing me. If it's the former, hopefully it's followed by the latter soon after.

6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!  

READ THESE AND GET MAD