Fall Out Boy - Fall Out Boy's Evening Out with Your Girlfriend (2002)

Fall Out Boy, Evening Out with Your Girlfriend, first album, EP, Honorable Mention, Calm Before the Storm, Parker Lewis Can't Lose
Fall Out Boy, Evening Out with Your Girlfriend, first album, EP, Honorable Mention, Calm Before the Storm, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, remastered
She'd probably end up bitching to you about how they wear even more eyeliner than she does.


Fall Out Boy, Pete Wentz, Patrick Stump, Joe Trohman, Andy Hurley, emo, band, Evening Out with Your Girlfriend
When I was about 13 in 2007, Fall Out Boy were all the rage and if you need a little memory refresher, about as popular and as regarded as One Direction and crew have been in the past few years. I considered myself quite the fan because it was catchy and I thought (keep in mind I was a young teenager!) that I was punk as shit for liking them, Green Day, and assorted ska-punk bands at the time. However, even at the height of my fandom for them, I couldn't really get into this album, and almost te- My God, has it been almost TEN YEARS? Holy shit! Anyway, almost ten years later, I still can't really pin a finger on why this doesn't work.

Guitarist/vocalist Patrick Stump's voice still hadn't reached its full strength and wouldn't for a few more years, so as he whines through his way through these songs, I can't help but think "Would I rather be listening to this or his solo work?" and the correct answer is "I'd rather eat a bullet" but still. On this album, the band just isn't in their prime, and comes across as more of a "You had to be there" situation than anything else. Rabid fans of the band will tell you "It's amazing how they started as a bunch of punk kids and turned into [whatever the hell the band is doing now]" but truthfully, there's nothing really inherently punk about anything on this album.

A few mildly catchy numbers that blend into each other, but nothing outright horrifyingly bad. Pick it up just to say you have it, but throw the actual plastic/vinyl frisbee at your cat whenever s/he tries to shit on the kitchen table again. Whip that little shithead in the face with almost 30 minutes of half-assed pop-punk!! That's what you get for shitting on my bananas you filthy feline fuck!!

5/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD