mc DJ - Love Letter in an Unbreakable Bottle (2007)

mc DJ, Childish Gambino, Donald Glover, Love Letter in an Unbreakable Bottle, instrumental, 2007, Bambino X, Community
If I made that the name of my album, I think my friends would tell me to kill myself. I think that because they already do.

Childish Gamb- mc DJ has a good ear for finding small things to make interesting beats out of, keyword definitely being "interesting", not "great", but ultimately a lot of this ends up feeling sorta similar to license-free music to put in the background of YouTube videos. I could see this project being a fair bit better if he had went the route ala J Dilla's "Donuts" and cut all of the tracks down to being a minute or so, instead of songs that last four to even five minutes long for the most part, in which I start to tune out because the songs just don't typically progress that well. Hell, the songs could've been instantly improved by even just him rapping over them, even if he wasn't exactly the best rapper around when he made this album.


6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to download this FREE album from Forever Childish!

READ THESE AND GET MAD