Angels & Airwaves - Chasing Shadows (2016)

Angels & Airwaves, Chasing Shadows, Overload, Artillery, Voyager, EP, Ilan Rubin, Tom DeLonge
Tom DeLonge chases shadows, I'm afraid of mine because it's so fuckin' fat.

Angels & Airwaves, Chasing Shadows, Overload, Artillery, Voyager, EP, Ilan Rubin, Tom DeLonge

"We can keep crankin' these four track long EP's forever, motherfucker!! FUCK MARK AND TRAVIS!!" Tom DeLonge yells at me despite us sitting right next to each other on the couch, me on the left-side and Tom in the middle, no one on the right. "That's cool, Tom, but this MD 20/20 got me feeling like I'm gonna throw up.." I say to him, looking for a nearby trashcan. "What do you think of the lyric "This love has got me feeling like I'm gonna throw up from how much I love you and how much you love the way I love you"?" He asks me while I projectile-vomit alcohol, Taco Bell, and crackers (why the hell are they in everything I vomit?) onto the rug. "Forget you, butthole! -I'M- the king of bad lyrics!!" Jerry Only screams from the kitchen while he's baking cookies, or as he calls them, "spookies".

So how's 'bout that electric guitar?! Turns out that Tom DeLonge remembered he has one! This EP has more distorted electric guitar riffs than the band has used for a while, which is pretty exciting because Tom DeLonge was seemingly neglecting them for reasons unknown. All four of the songs are pretty good but I don't really have much to say about them because I'm pretty sure I've said almost everything I can about Angels & Airwaves throughout this trek through their discography, so I'm struggling to find any type of way to describe this EP.

Okay, I think I've got it: You know Death Grips? This sounds absolutely nothing at all like that.

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD