Carly Rae Jepsen - E·MO·TION: Side B (2016)

Carly Rae Jepsen, Emotion, Side B, Fever, First Time, Store, Higher, Body Language
That album cover is definitely SweeTarts. I don't even know entirely what I mean by that, but hopefully you do.

Carly Rae Jepsen, Emotion, Side B, Fever, First Time, Store, Higher, Body Language

HERE COME DAT CARLY! OH SHIT WADDUP is that meme dead yet? I sure do fucking hope so! Anyway, Carly Rae Jepsen returns after her GREAT album "E·MO·TION" with a collection of b-sides from it, and wouldn't you know it, they're nice little tunes for doing cocaine off of a mirror in the 1980s in a shady Miami nightclub!! Seriously, every time I hear Carly's music since "
E·MO·TION" and its b-sides, it makes me nostalgic for a time I wasn't even alive in, ESPECIALLY because I wasn't alive, so that says a lot about the work that went into them, and how she differs from other popstars. The only thing that takes me out of that immersion is how the percussion in bits of "Fever" sounds a bit like Nelly Furtado's "Say It Right", although I guess if you were to break into my house and shoot my loved ones in front of me, that might break me out of the immersion as well, but please be a bro and don't do that.

This album is just as colorful as the album cover would lead you to believe, and -almost- has the same level of quality as the original album, but as it's just a compilation album of b-sides and doesn't have the same level of cohesiveness as the original album did, that's expected, but it's kinda jarring how "Store" seems like two completely different songs mushed together to form one. That being said, if you dug "E·MO·TION", there's absolutely no reason you wouldn't like this album, just probably not quite as much. Pop it in your stereo, pour yourself a strawberry margarita, and look at pictures of Costa Rica online because you're too poor to actually go. Ah well, at least Carly's here to help numb my pain..

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD