Carly Rae Jepsen - Dear You (2004)

Carly Rae Jepsen, Dear You, 2004, first album, to be without you, in my bedroom,

Carly Rae Jepsen, Dear You, 2004, first album, to be without you, in my bedroom,

One album cover is just a photo of a CD that was circulating back in 2004 locally, and the other seems professional. What the hell is the story behind this? Who knows the truth and who will mislead me? WHO DO I BELIEVE?! I looked on the official Wikia and I was shocked: There's an entire Wikia dedicated to Carly Rae Jepsen, and even they don't have any idea! They know that Carly plays chess with her boyfriend every morning, but have no idea about this release. That's some strange shit.


Carly Rae Jepsen, I Really Like You, Call Me Maybe, This Kiss, Curiosity, hair

Here's some #CURBSTOMPCHRONICLES #EXCLUSIVETRIVIA for you: Before she was the catchy "Call Me Maybe" popstar, she was a folk artist! Here's some more #CURBSTOMPCHRONICLES #EXCLUSIVETRIVIA for you: It wasn't that great!

The EP consists of three folk tunes with mild pop elements, with only really one, "In My Bedroom" sticking with me enough to put on a playlist, even after five listens of the entire EP, but the other two ain't bad. They just ain't that notable, especially considered to some of the other stuff she's put out.

If one of the songs comes up on shuffle, I won't skip it, but I'm not exactly aching to hear this again anytime soon. Neat to have for the novelty of it, but when it wears off, you'll just be scrolling through your iTunes library for something else to listen to. That all being said, she should bring back "In My Bedroom" and redo it for her next album. Is there any way for me to email Carly Rae Jepsen? I need to contact her with this request and to ask if she'd like to be involved in my upcoming djent-ska project.

6/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD