blink-182 - Buddha (1994)

blink-182, blink 182, buddha, scott raynor, carousel, demo, album
blink-182, blink 182, buddha, scott raynor, carousel, demo, album

Haha, it’s me on the album cover! Just kidding, I’m not bald OR green OR bald and green!

blink-182, blink 182, buddha, tom delonge, mark hoppus, scott raynor, carousel, demo

On this demo, we find the band not sounding as shitty as they did before, which is an improvement! The songs? Well..

“Carousel” is a great little tune and I think I prefer it to the re-recorded version on their debut studio album “Cheshire Cat”, but more interestingly enough, in the midst of a bunch of light-hearted songs, there’s a song called “The Girl Next Door” which is DARK AS SHIT! It talks about a girl going missing and her bloated body being found in a lake, and that is no fun place to be decomposing in! A quick Google search reveals that it’s actually a cover of the band Screeching Weasel’s song of the same name. Still, awfully dark lyrically compared to the rest of the album.

The trio still aren’t the greatest musicians, with some of their work feeling derived from their other work, like for instance, isn’t “21 Days” just “Carousel”, really? DID YOU THINK YOU COULD PULL THE WOOL OVER MY EYES/EARS, BLINK-182?! UNKNOWN DEMO MY ASS, IT’S ON THE INTERNET NOW, BITCH!! Time to ruin their careers with this information I’ve uncovered about their early exploits!

This album hurts my ears, or maybe I’m just hungover, but I’d much rather pin the blame on other people than myself. What more can you expect of an unsigned punk band, or even ME? My life’s just like this album: Mediocre with a few small highlights.

There’s not really too much to say about this demo other than that the track “T.V.” is a good’n that should’ve been re-recorded for a future release.

6/10

________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!
 

READ THESE AND GET MAD