Panic! at the Disco - Live Session (iTunes Exclusive) (2006)

Panic at the Disco, Live Session, iTunes Exclusive, 2006, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, emo, Ryan Ross, concert
Remember "Hispanic! at the Disco" jokes? No? Good.

Panic at the Disco, Live Session, 2006, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, emo, Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith, Brendan Urie

Built up of "But it's Better if You Do", "I Write Sins Not Tragedies", and "Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off", the songs are actually pretty different on here. As opposed to just playing the songs live, this EP finds the band actually changing around the songs to be much calmer and more piano-driven, giving it an almost lounge-like feel to some of your favorite emo jams so you can feel like a truly dignified dandy, as vocalist Brendan Urie sings calmly and quietly over the tracks, as opposed to his energetic and soaring performances on the actual studio album.


See, while it's certainly interesting and I have to give props where props due, because what other Fueled By Ramen artist/band would do this at the time, but it's ultimately pretty boring outside of the novelty of the songs being performed and arranged differently. I bet if I was 12 again, I could force myself to like and adore it, but I don't know, because I'd probably be too busy jerking off over ska-punk to focus on anything with a BPM below 150, which was coincidentally my heartbeat rate when I got Less Than Jake's "Anthem" for Christmas ten years or so ago. Man, that was a good time.. Where'd the good times go?!

5/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD