Machine Head - Burn My Eyes (1994)

Machine Head, Burn My Eyes, 1994, Robb Flynn, Davidian, Old, band, first album

HELL YEAH IT'S TIME TO LISTEN TO SOME PANTER- Wait.. WAIT.. NOOO!!!!!

Machine Head, Burn My Eyes, 1994, Robb Flynn, Davidian, Old, band, first album

IT'S TIME TO SLAM BACK SOME BEERS AND BANG YOUR HEAD TO SOME GROOVY METAL TUNES, DUDE!!! Nah nah but #SRS there are some good jams on here to blare loud in the whip when you're mad at your dad and want to let the entire neighborhood know about it. Vocalist/guitarist Robb Flynn's vocals leave a bit to be desired, as he seems to be trying to do a Phil Anselmo impersonation throughout the entire album, as if he's hoping to magically evolve into the supposed white wine loving Southern metal hero despite being from California, but "The Rage to Overcome" is a good lil' one if you ignore the vocals. Hell, they're all pretty alright if you ignore the vocals! That being said, "A Thousand Lies" is pretty catchy, Phil Anselmo impersonation or not and is probably the highlight of the entire album for me, just three songs in. Wait, just three songs in? That brings me to my next point:

Vocalist/guitarist Robb Flynn and crew know how to write some appetizing riffs and play them over and over, with intro track "Davidian" being a prime example, but damn, this album is almost 56 minutes long but sounds so much longer! If you're ever in a situation where you want to treasure every last moment of it, put this album on and it'll feel like you could lose yourself in the moment forever. Despite the quality of some of these riffs and songs in general, if they had just condensed it to the best 30 minutes, it'd be a lot easier to take in and actually find myself returning for future listens. Ear fatigue is a pain in the ass, or, uh, ear! I totally just realized that while typing it, I wasn't making a shitty joke, I swEAR!! HA-HAAAAAA, GOT YOU AGAIN, BITCH!!!

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD