wecamewithbrokenteeth - We're Packing, Are You? (2006)

wecamewithbrokenteeth, we're packing are you, album, myspace, band, metal, screamo

I'm listening to this, and the rest of their discography, only to be able to place "I've listened to every single wecamewithbrokenteeth album" in future job applications as a sign of dedication and endurance.

wecamewithbrokenteeth, we're packing are you, album, myspace, band, metal, screamo

This album could very well, strictly musically speaking, without even taking a peek at the lyrics, serve as a concept album about a guy who does Ketamine off of a toilet seat and proceeds to have the worst trip of his entire life, surrounded by some assholes who love to go into FL Studio and try to make the FL Slayer plug-in sound like a real guitar, all the while growling incomprehensibly over it.

"Bitch Please I'm a Ninja" actually has a section in it where (I imagine, if this isn't a sample) the female member of the band, Nikki Lastnameunknown starts singing, and then the vocalist screams "Please, baby, don't go!" so I guess it was a break-up song. Either way, it was so out of place and I felt afraid of what the album would go on to assault my eardrums with, even harder than they assaulted the drum machine used to make this album!


I'll give it this over the last album: There were SOME riffs I could see possibly working for another band, like in "OPPD" where the guitar starts going along with the synth-bass, but that's like saying "I could've gotten sexual pleasure out of that enema if it wasn't coated in Tabasco!".. Shit, I think I just gave them a new song title!! That is, if they ever decide to grace the world by reuniting.  

#WECAMEWITHBROKENTEETH2016 #MAKEITHAPPEN

4/10

READ THESE AND GET MAD