All Pigs Must Die - All Pigs Must Die (2010)

All Pigs Must Die, EP, 2010, Hungry Wolf Easy Prey, band, Die Ignorant, Death in My Wake
These guys are some real PIG DESTROYERS! Get it?! It's another metal band! Ah, that's what I get for taking caffeine pills and sleeping pills at the same time. Now that's some SPOOKY SHIT!!

All Pigs Must Die, band, crust punk, Kevin Baker, Ben Koller, Adam Wentworth, Matt Woods,

Formed as a supergroup of members of The Hope Conspiracy, Converge, and Bloodhorse, the supergroup All Pigs Must Die is a crust-punk band from Massachusetts, and while I'm not that familiar with crust-punk as a genre overall, it's been an interesting look into the genre with this EP.

One of the things that immediately stuck out to me was the vocals. They're not grr-grr Cookie Monster vocals, but angry yelling, and I think that enhances the music in terms of getting across emotion, instead of relying on monotonous, non-emotional death growls and the sort. The guitar playing by Adam Wentworth is also pretty on point with commanding the music as a whole, and the raw but loud production style provided by Converge's Kurt Ballou suits it pretty well. It's raw and unapologetic.

It's just really too bad that I really can't tell you that much more about it! I don't think I could really pick out any of these songs as being different than one another, aside from the last one, "Death in My Wake" because of the sludgier nature to it, ending with a damn near minute of guitar feedback that makes you think the band is gonna come in for at least one more riff before ending the song.

Overall, most of the songs sound pretty much the same. If you dig that one song a lot, then you'll probably like this EP a lot, but given that I'm just lukewarm on it, I don't see this popping up at this year's Christmas party. The EP gives me the impression that they must be a ton of fun live though!

6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link! 

READ THESE AND GET MAD