Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire (2000)

Alkaline Trio, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, You've Got So Far To Go, Fuck You Aurora, Sleepyhead, Radio, Matt Skiba, Dan Andriano,
I wouldn't count on catching fire anytime soon unless you [insert tired joke about how great my mixtape is]

Alkaline Trio, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, You've Got So Far To Go, Fuck You Aurora, Sleepyhead, Radio, Matt Skiba, Dan Andriano,
So I viewed "Goddamnit" as a bit of a hidden (well, I dunno about HIDDEN really) gem, and this album feels like a pretty good companion piece to it, that'll have you saying "Goddamnit, they did it AGAIN! These.. These boys!!" and slamming your fist into your desk in anger because YOU never got to form a pretty good pop-punk/emo band in Chicago in the 1990s because you were probably busy doing dumb baby shit, and I understand that frustration because I also get that exact same feeling while listening to these lively and depressed young chaps busting out powerchords while singing over them about break-ups, death, and other happy happy fun time sunshine shit, such as in the last song "Radio" in which guitarist/vocalist Matt Skiba states that he's "Shaking like a dog shitting razor blades" which is a beautiful thing to imagine!

I honestly can't find too much to say about this album because it really is just a good companion piece to "Goddamnit", almost as if a second disc to it, so if you dig that shit, you'll dig this, or you won't. I don't know, I'm not you, am I? I used to think that I was living in a world full of artificial intelligence and I created the computer that put me under, because I had gotten an "Ask Again Later" response from a magic 8 ball, and now I'm friends with people who get magic feelings from 8 balls of a different persuasion!

No, I'm not talking about participating in a fivesome, I'm talking about doing cocaine and THEN potentially participating in a fivesome you sick fuck. You people make me miffed as shit.

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD