Lil Wayne - 500 Degreez (2002)

Lil Wayne, 500 Degreez, 2002, Way of Life, Where You At, Wayne Carter, early album, Lovely
I swear the poverty's gonna end one day and it's gonna be really good. I promise. Just hold on with me.

Lil Wayne, 500 Degreez, 2002, Way of Life, Where You At, Wayne Carter, early album, Blood

When "Tha Carter 3" came out and I heard "Lollipop" for the first time in early 2008, which was also the first time I had heard Lil Wayne's music, I hated on it with my brother, and he told me that "Believe it or not, I heard one of Lil Wayne's earliest albums years ago and it was pretty good" and I'm almost certain that we came to the conclusion that it was "500 Degreez", and while it's not really a good album, I guess I can see where he was coming from, because I'm not a blind asshole, and I also have ears. As if it's almost my trademark move, I wasn't sure on just how to execute that joke, or even if it was one, so I just stepped up to bat and hit whatever my fingers directed themselves towards, and while that's gotten me into rough situations over the years, it hasn't gotten me killed yet so I guess something's working, but not me, because I'm UNEMPLOYED AS SHIT!! Haha my life is a depressing cesspool of regurgitated dog excrement!!

Okay, onto the actual album, it's a little more colorful, has a little more personality and even a little more soul, but otherwise it's practically the damn same as the other two albums preceding this, except I'd say that it's easily the best, or rather, most favorable out of the trio, without being particularly good, in the way that at least it's a little bit more entertaining. That being said, each album had at least two songs I liked, but on this one there's THREE I find myself nodding my head to are "Look at Me", "Lovely", and "Where You At", but three songs out of 70 minutes worth of music ain't that great, is it? Why pack these albums with filler in the same way you'd cut cocaine with Tylenol or some shit? In both instances, you're an asshole! GIVE ME WHAT I (didn't) PAY FOR, JACKASS!!!

6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!  

READ THESE AND GET MAD