Green Day - Nimrod (1997)

Green Day, Nimrod, Nice Guys Finish Last, Hitchin' a Ride, Redundant, Good Riddance, Time of Your Life, album
no ur a fukken nimrod

Green Day, Nimrod, Nice Guys Finish Last, Good Riddance Time of Your Life, Billie Joe Armstrong, Tre Cool, Mike Dirnt, blonde

Often held up as Green Day's most experimental album (outside of the obvious "American Idiot" and "21st Century Breakdown"), it seems like the band tries a little something new and different on the majority of the songs here, to mostly good results! I mean, hell, if you've ever wanted to hear guitarist/vocalist Billie Joe Armstrong sing about cross-dressing in a ska song, you might wanna brace yourself because it looks like Santa came early this year. In fact, he came so early this year, he actually brought this gift in 1997, you dumb shit!! Have you ever been so early to something that you actually ended up in a previous year? Don't answer that, because I know you haven't. Our God truly is an amazing God.

The opening track "Nice Guys Finish Last" is pretty much the song I instantly think of when I think of this band, almost as if it's the ultimate Green Day song, but it just hurts like a bitch, doesn't it?! Especially that line "I never knew you were such a funny guy" will make you want to call up every female you went to high school with and just scream incomprehensibly into the phone until they hang up. Rinse and repeat for the other 20 girls in your class and BAM, you're done. No need to worry about things being awkward at high school reunions because I guarantee you that you'll be blacklisted from that shit. See? First track on the album and we're already onto great things!

One of those great things happens to be the second track "Hitchin' a Ride" which surprisingly gets HEAVY! This is one of those songs I used to turn up loud as shit in my headphones (which probably lead to my tinnitus) and aggressively walk around my room to when I was 14. What a JAM! That combined with the hardcore punk "Platypus (I Hate You)", the ska-punk "King for a Day", and the first acoustic song you ever learned (outside of maybe "Wonderwall" by Oasis or some shit) "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)", this album really has Green Day generally reaching outside of the box for something more, but in turn, it makes it feels less like a cohesive album and more like a collection of songs, which I'm told is what they intended, so they succeeded in making an album feel kinda awkward? I dunno. I guess I was the nimrod all along and I didn't even know it! How's that for a plot twist?! Ah, it beat the one in "Avatar" at least. Now THAT'S a movie I haven't thought of in almost seven years! Why'd you have to remind me?!

7/10
________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link! 


Click here to listen to this FOR FREE on Spotify! WOW! HOT DAMN!

Read about this album on Wikipedia! Great stuff to read while on the toilet! Yeah!

READ THESE AND GET MAD