Cattle Decapitation - Humanure (2004)

Cattle Decapitation, Humanure, Travis Ryan
How many times am I gonna have to use this picture in place of album art?!

Cattle Decapitation, Humanure, Travis Ryan

I don't know what happened, if it's just me or something did genuinely change within the band, but this Cattle Decapitation album just sounds.. Safe. It's too by-the-numbers. That is NOT something you should be able to say about a Cattle Decapitation album, given their previous material. It almost sounds like it was entirely comprised of un-noteworthy throwaways from the previous album "To Serve Man". No matter how many cool things the guitarist does, it doesn't impress me. The production sounds off and everything is just.. Ugh, not even bad, just I don't get how they just suddenly took a step backward.

The final track, "Men Before Swine", is a disturbing track that goes on for almost ten minutes, of the sounds of animals being slaughtered, and it's truly unnerving. I swear to God, if there's one thing that'll make you a vegetarian (short of actually watching a video of the killings), it's this. As of writing, I had a meatball sandwich for dinner and I'm praying right now that it wasn't actual real meat, but it came from a can, so we all know it wasn't! WHAT ABOUT THAT FLUORIDE IN THE WATER TOO, HUH?! WHAT'S THAT JIBBERJABBER ALL ABOUT?!?!

6/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to check out the song previews/buy this album using my Amazon Associate link!

READ THESE AND GET MAD