Angels & Airwaves - LOVE: Part Two (2011)

Angels & Airwaves, LOVE, Part Two, Anxiety, Surrender, Saturday Love, My Heroine, double album
Someone wanted a sequel?

Angels & Airwaves, Matt Wachter, Tom DeLonge, David Kennedy, Atom Willard, LOVE, part two, Anxiety

Alright, straight into it, no bullshit: The intro track, "Saturday Love" is FUCKIN' GREAT!! The beginning of it sounds like it'd be the intro to a Marvel movie (I had Spider-Man in mind), but the absolute best thing about it is that it's the same Angels & Airwaves I loved in 2007's "I-Empire", with its easy accessibility and innocent lyrics from the perspective of a love-stricken sixteen year old saying "You stay with me, we'll never grow up" as a promise to their love, and I love (heh) it, but man, don't the drums in the chorus sound nearly, if not the EXACT same as "The Adventure"? Uh oh... Please don't tell m-

"Dry Your Eyes" IS THE EXACT FUCKING SAME SONG AS "Everything's Magic"!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! FIRST THERE WAS "Epic Holiday" OFF OF THE LAST ALBUM AND NOW THERE'S YET ANOTHER COPY OF "Everything's Magic" FOR WHAT REASON WHY?!?! OH MY GOD I'M ACTUALLY KINDA FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE FOOL ME ONCE: SHAME ON YOU. FOOL ME TWICE: YOU FOOLED ME AGAIN. I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING CLEVER TO SAY BECAUSE I'M HONESTLY FRUSTRATED WITH THE PURE LACK OF EFFORT PUT INTO THAT SONG. I'M GONNA EAT RAW CHICKEN TO END IT ALL

Oh well, at least "The Revelator" kicks in after that and it has an interesting bassline, but the chorus sounds too damn much like another Angels & Airwaves song I can't recall right now. Is this seriously just a thing people have allowed Tom DeLonge to get away with? Ah well, at least "Surrender", "Anxiety", and "My Heroine (It's Not Over)" and "Inertia" (which actually has a loud GUITAR RIFF!.. Only for like a few seconds though, what a damn cocktease) are pretty good and seemingly original. Truth be told, just like the last album, all of the tracks are at least pretty alright but most of 'em seem to blend in with each other, or even songs off of another album. It's good if you haven't heard Angels & Airwaves, and I'd be more likely to put this on than the original "LOVE" album, but reluctantly. Getting REAL TIRED of this rehashed songs shit, though. I'll be sure to tell that Tom DeLonge what my thoughts are when he one day shows up at the 711 I'm inevitably going to spend the rest of my miserable life working at, and I'm gonna tell him that his tastes in slushies are shit.

7/10
________________________________________________________
Feel free to read other reviews and perhaps buy this album via my Amazon Associates link! 

READ THESE AND GET MAD